Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADD DATA REPORT - PROJECT MENU 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterWallace

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
AU
On one machine my VB6 has Project Bar has ADD DATA ENVIRONMENT AND ADD DATA REPORT

On the Other VB6 Project Bar has ADD DATA ENVIRONMENT but The ADD DATA REPORT
is nowhere to be found

Does any body know how I can add the option to the Project Pull Down sub Menu

Thank you In Advance

Peter

If you are using VB6 make sure SP6 and a minimum of MDAC 2.6 are installed on the offending machine.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Thanks genomon

Pretty sure SP6 Loaded ( but will Check ) as for the MDAC 2.6 ... I will check out and see what the *Handicapper* intends for the rest of my day

Peter

OK, step 1:

Go to:

[tt]Project/Components/Designers[/tt]

and check whether "Data Reports" is listed, and if so whether it is ticked. If not ticked, simply tick it.

If not listed, then you probably need to re-register the relevant DLL. At the command line, run:

[tt]regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSDBRPT.DLL[/tt]

Ahh yes, the Designers tab of the Components dialog. I was trying to remember that one, I seldom go there.

Hope that gets him going.

Thanks genomon, strongm

I had tried strongm suggestion ... That is how I got it up on my Desk Top M/c six months ago ........ but the *very Bad words* Laptop ,was shall we say , assisting the handicapper.

I removed Visual Basic From The Lap Top...
Downloaded MDAC
RE-Installed Visual Basic
Installed SP6

Then when started The Project/Components/Designers

"Data Reports" was NOT listed...

But by RIGHT Clicking The Project and using Customize .. Then Commands Option found the "Data Reports" and with a click had it up on the Project Menu

( Data Reports Was NOT there when tried this under origional set up )

With Many Thanks

Peter

P.S. I hate the bloody lap top !!!!!! the key board and "finger" mouse drive me even more insane

Since MDAC is part of Windows as a protected resource and serviced via Windows Update I'm not sure why you'd be screwing around with it. In any case Windows will just ignore/repair your attempts to muck with it.

Unless you are still developing on a Win9x box?

Good point. If you are using an OS Vista or greater MDAC is irrelevant.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Actually Windows XP SP2 or later includes the latest available MDAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back