Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add control - Frame or groupbox ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipatek

Programmer
Jul 30, 2005
US
Hello,

How can you add a frame or groupbox control to the designer for reports? Basically, I want to add some textboxs withing a groupbox or frame so that I can make the box visible or invisible and move it around on the form without having to do each individual textbox. I see where I can add more controls..but which one?

Thanks!

I've always accomplished this in the following steps.

To make the controls move around as one collection, highlight the controls, the click Format -> Group in the menu bar. This will make the controls move as one. You can always ungroup them anytime you need to as well.

No to hide/show them....I place a rectangle on top of them, set the backcolor to white (or the color of the area of the report) and make this rectangle visible or not...depending on the business logic. Just remember the rectangle visibility is opposite the showing...so if you want to see the values, the rectangle visible is false.

Not exactly what you asked for but it solves your issue with two fairly simple steps.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
VB/Access Programmer

Thanks.. So after I group them, how do I reference them (in code) for them to move? I tried to just do one "label1.left = 3000", but it only moved one and not the other.

Oh, you want to move them via code? I don't think grouping them will work for that. Your back to square one. Sorry.

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
VB/Access Programmer

RATS!!! =)

I can't believe there is no way of grouping items so you can move things around. It just cain't be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back