Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add columns Total in Excel 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoomDah

Programmer
Mar 8, 2004
US
Hello everyone !
I work with Excel Spreadsheet and I've just created Report based on SQL query. It has like 20 columns most of which I want to see Total for.

How do I do this totaling stuff ?
What if columns will get shorter or longer after refresh ?

I appreciate your help.

Skip,
I am entering formulas into cells, right ?
How can I demontrate it better ? It is not like piece of code.

Some columns aren't calculating as the others using the same formulas even the same datatype.

I know... I should crowl back to my hole...

When I use 9 in the rest - gives me ##
And what happens if you enlarge the column ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

There is always excuse for stupidity ... let me find one and come back with an answer.

Thanks PHV, it did work and you know what - I can go to bed now. Thanks so much to all. GET A STAR!

Whaen I come back I want to ask about that Persentage column, how do I add up that stuff ?

You have to do the total percentage calculation using the OTHER total values. It is NOT the sum of the percentages!

Skip,

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

OK,OK, got it...
I've been up for 40 some hours, now I am off to bed.

THANKS Skip and PHV !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back