Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add CMM on existing s8510 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcresswell

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
We have an s8510 with CM 5.2.1 currently installed and we would like to now fire up the CMM. During the installation of the new server, we thought that we installed the CMM software, but it doesn't appear to be completely installed. When I perform a statapp I see the Audix app there, but it says 0/1 Down. When I login through the web interface, Messaging Admin does not appear in the Administration drop down box.

Should I just upgrade the server and install CMM, or is there something else that needs to be done? I have checked and the Messaging Software is enabled in the Server Administration. I have also rebooted the server after completing all of the CM programming.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

If you go to shell and type the command "cat /etc/ecs.conf | more"

you should see a line toward the end of the file that reads "Audix unavailable" .. or It might say something like "Audix available".

What does yours say. I suspect the audix install was not done when the server was loaded initially. In that scenario I think you'll have to reload/upgrade Make sure to check the option that says "install audix" durring the setup.

sinreal,

Thank you for the quick response. I have just checked and it looks like Audix is actually installed.

Here is a screen capture from cat /etc/ecs.conf | more:

DirectoryService yes
Audix yes
StandAloneMessaging no
AUDIXinstall yes

The Messaging Software is enabled through the server web interface. I was also able to assign an IP address to the server through the Configure Server portion of the web browser. Any suggestions?

Did you install the patches to the Audix while you were logged in as craft?

Unfortunately, I can't even log into the Audix as it doesn't appear under Administration in the Web Interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back