Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add .bmp file to all outgoing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpapapump

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2003
US
I want to add our company logo to the bottom of all outgoing email. Kind of like a global signature\disclaimer. I know how to add text to all outgoing emails but not an image. It is in .bmp format if that matters.

Anyone know if this is possible?

To the best of my knowledge this not possible. If you are using the OutboundAppend method like I think you are there is no option there to use html tags (or other tags) to place images.

It may be possible to setup something like this in Outlook but if you plan on enforcing it over a large number of users then you're going to have a horrible time.

Most importantly of all though, this is simply a horrible idea. Signatures suck up enough bandwidth as it is without people sticking images in them too. Not all users have rich text or html mail so they'll just end up with a useless attachment for nothing. And another thing, even if you were going to do this, BMP is the worst possible format you could use.

My advice is don't even try it.

There are several third party products that will do this. But you'd probably want to use JPG instead of BMP.

One product that comes to mind is:

There are many others.

Also, you should keep in mind that many of your recipients are likely to see your mail only as PLAIN TEXT. Therefore, what looks like a nicely displayed graphic on your outgoing email will instead come through as an attachment on their end. This is because some email servers and mail clients are set to see plain text instead of HTML or rich text format.

There are also ways you can do this without using a third party product, but it involves a lot of hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back