Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add black to a PMS color

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmoore007

Technical User
Mar 15, 2007
US
I have a 2 color job that contains a map and i want to add percentages of black to the PMS green in use. I know that you used to be able to modify spot colors like this in an older version of AI but i cant seem to find that color modification window in the newer AI. Is it still possible?

Using: AI CS2 for Mac

r:

Double click the swatch in the swatches palette, then you may have to change it from "Book Color" to "CMYK" to be able to edit it.

Bert

...unlike indesign, illustrator as far as i'm aware isn't able to mix process inks with spot inks directly in the swatches palette...

...the workaround is to create a process color mix of say 100% cyan to represent the spot green and a percentage of black so that when separated on output you have two plates...

...or select the current spot elements that need the mix, copy to a new layer tint with black and apply multiply to it so that is overprints when seperated an looks ok on screen too...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back