Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add # automatically to speed up CO dialing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

safenestvmem

Technical User
Nov 16, 2019
US
IPO 8.0 500 v2 system with 3 analog lines with Line Appearance:

The local CO adds 6 seconds after a number is dialed manually to see if the user wants to add any extra feature code digits for use with their Centrex features.

The problem is that the IPO has a delay of 4 seconds before it picks up the CO line to send the digits to the CO then on top of that the CO now adds 6 seconds delay for a total of 10 seconds before the user hears a ring back.

The CO does allow a # to be entered to complete the dialing which then starts the ringback immediately.

Is there a way to 1) pick up the CO line faster and 2)automatically have a # added to the number string the user enters?

Thanks

I am not sure what you mean by "pick up the CO line faster". You have line appearances which are direct access to the lines things like the dial delay timer are ignored in this situation because you are bypassing the ARS table. You should get immediate dial tone going off hook on a line appearance.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

And no you can't edit what is being sent on a line appearance. One of a million reasons everyone here says not to use line appearances.

I assume US as they dont support overlap dialing
If overlap dialing is supported then the uk settngs of Dial Digit count 4 & Dial Delay time 1 Secoon would work.

with En block dialing you need dial delay count to be 0 but you could change the dial delay time to something lower but I would not recomend anything less than 2 seconds
it is certainly possible to ad the # after dialing

SC: N;
TN: N#
feature dial

Simples

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Avaya Remote Support Engineer (A.R.S.E)

He is using line appearances so dialing a shortcode wont work once he goes offhook on the line.

How do line apperances cope withthe need for En-block dialing?
I have the good fortune to live in a location with a sensible telephone network where that restriction did not exist (ntill the backward step in SIP) & have NEVER permited anyone to be stupid enough to use call apperance keys

What is the reason most people use line appearances? Because they want it to work how it has always worked. If you now tell them they have to dial before going offhook it will likely blow their mind and they won't like it. If they are willing to dial en bloc why not get rid of the line appearances and bring them into this century of telecommunications?

Thank you, We figured out how to do it and it works just fine with Appearance buttons.

Are you going to share it so that others can benefit from your hard work?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

critchley said:
What is the reason most people use line appearances? Because they want it to work how it has always worked. If you now tell them they have to dial before going offhook it will likely blow their mind and they won't like it

Having forgoten ho much they complained about "The way it has allways worked" when the old system went in.

withing 1 minutes they are usualy much haier with the new way , "Just pick up the phone & dial" especially if you configure things correctly so a line access digit is not required

My experience is very different then yours. Whenever I get a customer demanding line appearances any simple change, even to benefit them, is met with absurd amount of fighting to have the system work like their last system did. Never once had someone give up this and be happy 1 minute later...

I am different I guess.
I simply tell people that line appearance is not going to happen. I don't give people the option.
Periodically I added line appearance to enable forwarding of the main line but that's it.
I also tell people if they wanted a new system to work like their old one they should have kept the old one.
Nobody wants their new car to come with a cassette radio, no Bluetooth and sir condition.
New stuff works differently and hopefully better.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

I just name the appearance buttons 'Line 1' etc. and give the ?/dial/N. The Hold 1 etc. They never know the difference. [wink]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I had one customer that insisted on line appearances, but I convinced him just to try no line appearances, created two user rights one with line appearances and one without. I went over everything in detail and showed him how to switch his users to have line appearances and not... he proceeded to try to get all his equipment and licensing for free and to try to get me fired for "refusing to program the system how he wanted it". Ever since then I just go over my spiel of the system is not meant to work that way and will have issues, if they say they don't care, they get line appearances.

Not worth risking my career and/or reputation to force a company to be in this century of telecommunications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back