Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add an extension for information 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyontl

MIS
Jun 2, 2005
US
I need to add an extension in callPilot for information only.

Hello,

Hopefully this should be an easy one. We do not use call routing as we have a receptionist. So when you call you get a message that says to dial your extension if you know it or wait for the operator.

We would like to add to the message "press ### for retail calls" and when the person dials that number, they get a message, giving them instructions. However, we don't want it to be a mailbox, as noone will be monitoring it. It is for information purposes only.

Info:
BCM Rel. 3.7 Build 2.4f
CallPilot
Voice Mail Version: 37.00.87.22

Any assistance would be appreciated.

When you create a mailbox the first choice states Subscriber, change it to Info.

Quote:
We do not use call routing as we have a receptionist. So when you call you get a message that says to dial your extension if you know it or wait for the operator.

I'm confused, if you dont use call routing (AA) then how is it pepople get a greeting?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

In that case you have 2 options.

"For company address and fax number press 7"
Creat path 7 and change it from menu to INFO and record message.

or if you plan to change it time to time:
Create Mailbox (i.e 500), select INFO.
Change Path 7 from Menu to LVMSG to mailbox 500.
To change the greeting F981/OTHER 500XXXX OK

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

For company address and fax number press 7"
Creat path 7 and change it from menu to INFO and record message.

That is what I want to do, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. How is this done?

nevermind, I remembered! You have to create a ccr tree and then select the ccr tree in the greeting table setup. It stinks when you only access this stuff a couple of times a year.

Thanks curlycord for your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back