Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add agent-loginID's to an answer-group?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLineham

Technical User
Mar 9, 2015
GB
Hello everyone,

I've been advised that we are going to start transitioning senior staff using IP phones from station extensions to agent-loginID's, like their agent counterparts, so that they can log in anywhere within the building using their agent-loginID and take their configurations with them (COR, COS, DDI etc..).

With our current setup, some of these users are a part of an answer-group, listing station extensions to route a call to other senior staff in the same department. However, it doesn't appear that an answer-group is compatible with agent-loginID's. Is there something that I'm missing in the answer-group configurations that would otherwise enable this, or is it just not possible?

I don't imagine it'd be ideal to create a vdn/vector/skill specifically to mimic an answer-group.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

There is no requirement to create agent id`s the stations can log in/out of the stations , unless this is not an option

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Why not just move around by logging an IP phone in and out? That's how it was designed to work.

Thanks for the responses.

That is the current setup we use for other departments on TDM phones where senior remain logged in 24/7. For reasons I'm unsure of, it has been decided by one of my superior's that the senior staff on IP phones are now going to be assigned agent-loginID's rather than keeping to just station extensions as they had previously, and this setup will be rolled out to other departments over time as more are migrated to IP phones.

The only benefit I can currently think of from the top of my head is that it would allow senior staff to use agent workstations in the case of hot-desking without intervention from IT Departments, and generally it works fine. But there are some area's that I'm unsure of, such as how answer-groups can interact with this kind of setup (if they can interact at all).

Perhaps instead of logging out the TDM phones (since you can't) and logging them in at IP Phones, set up "hotdesk extensions" at these seats and then use the PSA (Personal Station Access) feature. That might achieve what you are looking for without having to readmin everyone as an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back