Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add agent after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

autowah

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2003
SE
I have performed an upgrade from Backup Exec 8.9 to 9.0. But the SQL agent was not installed in 8.6, and I have the license key for 9.0. How do I add it after upgrade? My license key was not accepted in the new version.
I read that all agents should be installed before the upgrade, do I have to reinstall everything now?

Autowah: Stick the BE disk in and tell it you want to install B.E It'll take you to an option screen that will let you add keys to either local or remote servers. Just add the key type and number, and you're in business. I add extra stuff to ours as we buy them..Sometimes the old remote agent keys will work on newer versions, i added our old SQL keys and it wouldn't except them either.
( i just remebered) you can open B.E. and go to the tools menu and click options and get to the same place without the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back