Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add a swatch to a greyscale PSD wit transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky64dude

Technical User
Mar 9, 2006
NL
thread818-999741

Hi there,
I'm working with InDesign CS5 and I'm having trouble to add a swatch to a greyscale PSD with transparency.
I'm searching for a way to do this, but still no solution.
Anyone?

Thnx carlow for the helpfull link!
In this tut you must create an extra spot color to replace the monotone PSD color.
That leaves me in InDesign with an extra seperation (offset plate). Is there a way to combine the duplicated spot color with the original spot color?
Or … why not make an alias directly from an existing spot color in InDesign in stead of creating a duplicate?

If you already know the intended spot color, sure, you could define it in the PSD file in Photoshop and not bother with the color replace in InDesign.

If you have an extra ink in InDesign, you can alias it to another ink in the Ink Manager found in the flyout menu of the Swatches palette/panel.

By preference I'd like to do these things in InDesign. So I choose the Ink alias technique.
I'm wondering why the above mentioned tut starts with the copying of a spot color.
Anywayz, thnx y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back