Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADD A BACKGROUND TO A LINKED DOCUMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

catgirl

Programmer
Jan 3, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm new to ASP. I'm writing my first application and I'm using VBscript. I've created a links to text documents. What I want to do is when the user clicks on the link & goes to the document, I want the document to be displayed with a Greenbar Background(That I have created). I'm not sure how to do this. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

I'm still pretty new in asp myself but the first solution that comes to mind would be to use dhtml and the <layer> tag.
Hope that helps!
Mark
:)

Well if you are putting a direct link to the text file then you are out of luck. The browser is just going to display the plain text. You could have you ASP read the text file and then display it in the form of HTML. It really depends on what your ultimate goal for using the text file is. Wushutwist

Yes, you should link to another asp file with
1.html body tag.
2. use <!--#include file=&quot;textfilepath/name here&quot;--> to display your plain text file content.

Hey thanks for the responses. I think using the link to another asp and then using the include may do the job. Now I just need to figure out how to pass the variable of the particular file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back