Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADD 93XX NON DID RANGE IN SWITCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeTech

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2005
US
Hello All-

I want to use the 9300-9399 range for NON DIDs in the switch...

93XX does not show up as LUDN in LD 20.

So how do I ADD 93XX into the switch to make this an available range?

Please Help.

Thanks in advance!

ST~~~

I see that 93 is used for the paging system..

Can 9300-9399 still be used or will this be conflicting?

I have to mention that we have Nortel and Cisco CCM working together.. So we built a Qsig trunk which we add CDP DSC FLEN 4 and RLI 19 so that any DNs not found in the PBX goes over the Qsig.

===========================================================

REQ: prt
TYPE: dnb
CUST 0
DN 93
DATE
PAGE
DES
DN 93
CPND
NAME BB36 Paging
XPLN 23
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE L500
TN 028 0 07 15 MARP

Good question. Do you use 9 to dial an outside line; and if so, you cannot create DNs or keys starting with 9.

If you are in the USA, do not even debate it. Years from now, you'll be blacklisted as the person who made extensions that started with 9. You will never work in telecom again.

Remember, you can make non DIDs up to 7 digits long in many systems. Try to create a DN five digits long, and it it "takes", then you have the needed software. Many places just add another numeral before the persons normal DID.

If I were 2610, my second line might be 72610, or 762610, or 7112610 or whatever.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Nope, this switch has been bastardized in many ways..

We use 1 to dial out.

We have ranges using every digit 2-9.

I just want to use 93XX for internal numbers that eventual will live in Call Manager.

SO can this be done?

No, not with paging = 93

Change the paging to something else or make it a 4 digit number then you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back