Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADC Problem when doing 5.5 two-way connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjax

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
While trying to prepare for 2000 exchange upgrade from 5.5, I installed adc from exchange 2000 cd and went to setup two-connection and it gave me a message " The server is unwilling to process this request, Facility: WIN32, ID no: 80072035, Microsoft Active Directory Connector Management.
Anybody see this before, I looked on Microsoft's site and couldn't find anything yet. Thanks, Joe

Thanks for the reply but it's not putting any error in the event log. I checked on both the exhange box and the pdc but nothing. Thanks, Joe

is this a new domain or new child domain that the E2K box is on, or did you already have a W2K domain which you're using?

We already have a wk2 domain setup with 5.5 running and just trying to prepare for exchange 2000 upgrade on the same box and same domain. The exchange is on it's own box with basically just it running on it. We just want to upgrade. Thanks, Joe

I tried on exchange box first but did try on dc and got same thing on both boxes. Thanks, Joe

So, the ADC installed OK, right? Did you try the One-Way connection agreement?

Yes, it installed ok. I tried all the connection types and they all give the same message.

Thanks, I think I've tried every knowledge based article that Microsoft has but I will check it out. I think I'm going to end up paying the support fee and call Microsoft. Thanks again, Joe

Ok, I got a little further. I installed the latest win 2000 sp3 and restarted. Now, I get the message The credentials specified on the connections tab are incorrect or or do not have sufficent permissions to accedd exchange 5.5 directory. I am using the admin user so it should ahve access to everything. I tried what MS said on their site and far as re-install ex sp4 and making sure that the user has all the correct rights. Anyone see this one before? Thanks, Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back