Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADC giving me heartaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki1973

Technical User
Feb 3, 2005
EU
Hello all,

Recently we've started upgrading our legacy Windows NT domain running Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003.

After doing a lot of tests we thought we were ready, so we started installing ADC on the new production domain taking care of Exchange/AD synchronisation.

At this time, there are no users migrated from NT to AD (which is different from the test environment that we have). After setting up ADC it started creating ADC_ASLDJLASJD logins in AD for all my users.

We decided this was not what we wanted and started deleting those new accounts (which is a scenario we did not test). To my astonishment my mailboxes on Exchange 5.5 started disappearing! Finally there seemd to be no other solution than to restore en PRIV en PUB from a backup.

Now I have the following questions:

* Why did ADC start deleting my mailboxes?
* Before restoring the PRIV and PUB store we shutdown the machine running ADC. What will happen when we reenable it? Will it start purging the mailboxes all over again? In other words, does it queue anything?
* How do we go from here to get back to a "let's try again" situation?

Although you might think we've been stupid doing this in a production environment with 1000+ employees, I can assure you we've done plenty of testing and this behaviour came as a total surprise.

Kind regards,
Rob.

In the properties on the two-way connector there is a 'deletion' tab with options to delete or keep deleted items (i.e. whether to replicate the deletion).

There are two sets of options, for replicating from Exch5.5 to AD and vice versa.

If the ADC is on a separate server from your Exch5.5 box you could disconnect from the network, run it up and check these settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back