Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adapter for Radiant Terminal 1510 serial to RJ45 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkinnysPOS

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2006
US
Does anyone have the schematic for a Radiant terminal 1510 serial adapter to RJ45 (Cat5 Cabling)? Lost my adapter and would like to be able to make one myself while on the road. Thanks in advance.

Thank you Bo for the link, I can figure the adapter out with it. Many thanks. SkinnysPOS.

A bump with a similar problem...

I've got U220 printers, in the kitchen, adapted from db25 to rj45 currently. Because of a hardware swap, I need to to convert the terminal end to db9 (so db25 -->rj45, then rj45 --> db9). I'm confused as to what the wiring on, at least, the db9 adapter should be, and also confused as to wheather the db25 side needs changed, as well.

I've have the printer working via the Windows driver with a db25-->db9 null modem cable, but have no such love from any of my adapters (haved tried the wiring put forth in the linked thread above.) Advice is highly sought and welcomed!

The DB9 pinout will depend on the DB25 pinout. All you are doing via adpaters is making long standard serial cables. If the adapters are the same manufacturer then the color wires will match that come off the rj45 for setting into the db type connector. These adapters are pinned out custom by each dealer. One dealer may have it pinned out blue to 2 and another dealer may have red to 2.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

That makes sense. The adapters, of course, aren't from the same manufacturer, so I'll do some fiddling and testing on the morrow. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back