Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adaptec ezcd creator 4.02 deluxe: odd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenris

Programmer
May 20, 1999
CA
I am running:<br>win98se<br>amd k6-2 400<br>128 Mb ram<br>8 gb<br>hp 9110i cd-writer<br><br>I recently got a new writer, and adaptec has been behaving strangely. With my old burner, mitsumi cdr-2600te, it worked great. But with the new burner it seems slow. I can burn a full disc in about 12 minutes with no problems once it gets started. The problem is the step that adaptec takes before burning, mainly the &quot;copying files&quot; step. This step takes longer then the actual burn (about 13 minutes). What is the point of having a burner that can burn a disc in 12 minutes if it takes 13 minutes to get to this point. I don't recall having to put up with this with my old burner. I thought that it was the number of files that did it (the file count was about 10,000), so I tried burning less it still took the same amount of time. Is this a problem with adaptec or what.<br><br> <p> fenris<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

You could have the &quot;Test and Copy&quot; option checked instead of the &quot;Copy&quot; option, causing the burner to make a &quot;test&quot; copy, then do the real copying, thus taking the double amount of time it usually did.

I checked that and I have it in the burn mode. But I did a few test and copy burns and it does it twice, so the process takes four times as long. Usually when you do a test burn, it tells you that it is recording, but the recording light on the drive doesn't come on. It takes about 12-14 minutes before it gets there.<br><br>I timed how long it takes from the time I click the record button and choose burn a cd. It takes 25 minutes, approximately 5 minutes less then my old 2x. I was just wondering if anybody else had this problem. I have been burning cd's with adaptec since 97. Until I got my new burner I have never made a coaster. That Is my fault I underestimated the transfer rate of my harddrive. <p> fenris<br><a href=mailto:fenris@hotmail.com>fenris@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

have you got copy on the fly checked?it copy,s every thing to the hard drive first.also check you have not done a test and burn. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back