Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD8 and 2000IPS integration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpro

Technical User
Oct 11, 2003
US
I just installed an AD8 in a 2000IPS. This replaced a worn out Repartee that was connected with MCI link. The AD8 doesnt need the MCI link (Ive been told) and in fact all integration seems OK except TRF to VM. When pressing TRF and VM pilot# you hear 'enter sec code' instead of main greeting. I followed the programming steps from NEC for the AD8. The integration string with the AD8 is NEAX DT DT8=0 CR&,,, IVSM Software on IPS is 3300 R8. Any Ideas? THANKS!

Can you use "quick transfer to vmail" by dialing the extension number and hitting a 9?

Yes, that works fine except it rings the destination phone once. I have told the customer to use that or press *2# when hearing 'sec code'. I was told today (second hand) that NEC says this procedure is no longer available on the newest AD8. I remain skeptical until I hear it from a few other sources. If this doesnt work then transferring someone to their own MB would be difficult also.(unless you *2#).. I just heard that the ISVM in the integration string(I didnt recognize this as something Ive seen in the past) has something to do with it. He said the AD40s need to have ISM=0 or something like that to enable this to work. So Im still hopeful. Thanks for the response!

Fixin is right use the quick transfer to VM TRF ext and 9 like you said this rings the extension once and then to the VM box. It will not work if does not hit the VM. I'm not sure of the newest revision problem I thought they(NEC) is going to the AD16 not developing the AD8 and more.

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back