Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Schema attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijo30

MIS
Aug 2, 2002
US
Is there a resource that shows the possible AD Schema classes, attributes, and so forth. example I want write a script to turn off the default terminal services access to users. when I look up the schema to see what I need I see "terminalServer" under "user" but have no idea what options that attribute will accept. how can I find this?

Eg: to define the login script for users I use:
oUser.Put "ScriptPath","ywc04.bat"

what would it be to set the options for terminal services (oUser.Put "terminalServer", ??????)

If you know this or where I can find the possible functions for attributes I appreciate it. I have looked on the internet to no avail.

Not exactly sure if you want to view the Attributes and Classes of your current Schema or extend it. This may not be what you are looking for, but I found this;

"The Active Directory Programmers Guide includes detailed information about each method of extending Active Directory schema as well as sample scripts and examples of programming code"
Of course if you just want to view the Classes and Attributes, you can use the Active Directory Schema snap-in.

Patty [ponytails2]

hi GrnEyedLdy,
FYI the link is dead. but what I'm looking for is the functions that are possible with a certian attribute. for instance in the example I gave above oUser.Put "ScriptPath","ywc04.bat"
ScriptPath is an attribute of oUser or the Users and ywc04.bat difines the script path.
well terminalServer is an attribute of oUser and I am looking for a way to uncheck the "Allow Logon to Terminal Server" box in the users profiles which is checked by default through a script.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back