Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD Restore with BackupExec 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chambers

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
Hi guys, I'm putting together some disaster recovery plans and would like some opinions on what the best way to do a Global Catalog Server restore would be. Here's my idea;

Install new Windows 2000 Server, Name is the same as the one that went down.
Install AD
install BE remote agent
Restore system state from BE

Is that correct??

Or do I need to do a dcpromo or something? I've seen some guides on how to do this with ntbackup.exe but not with BE 9.1, thanks!!

Bumping thise in hope that someone has done this before...anyone?

I think you would be better off not naming the new 2000 server the same name as the one you may be replacing. If you have a server that you do a DCPROMO on it will be a DC peer of that domain and even if it is off-site it will re-intigrate back in easily. If the main DC is offline and this one is put online then it will take over and you may not loose many of the changes. You still have to have backups and will have to restore to the off-site server when it comes back online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back