Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechMC

MIS
Dec 9, 2003
US
Hello All,

I am running an AD domain with like 6 OUs. One OU called "Network" has 20 people and 30 computers. How do I make one of those people an admin of that OU. So he can be able to push policies, publish software and take admin control of those computers within that OU only! I tried a few things and the user is still able to vreate users in other OUs.

Thanks

Right click on the OU and deligate rights.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Thanks Denny,

The user that I delegate controls to...can he somehow use ADUC or create GPO from another machine or does he have to log onto the main AD domain to do this.

Thanks again.

I know you can use the snap in on another server. My question is more for on a Windows XP or Vista machine.

Thanks

Yes you can install the ADUC on Windows XP so that the user can manage the OU from thier desktop. On the Windows 2003 Server CD find adminpak.msi and install that on the users workstation.

Denny
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)

My Blog

Yes! This is what I needed.

Thanks Denny

:)

No problem.

Denny

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back