Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ad Hoc Reporting - Infoview

Status
Not open for further replies.

HCSOBOXI

Technical User
May 6, 2008
US
Hello All,

Did you find the users had a hard time grasping the concepts of creating ad hoc reports using Infoview or have you implemented that?

Thank you!

We've implemented it for "Power Users". All of the power users have been to the WebI Design class offered by Business Objects. Non-Power users can run reports that have been designed by the power users, but they can't create their own.

A lot of it depends on the technical skill level of the users.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

hilfy,

Thank you for your input. The more I am getting involved with this project, the more concern I have for the users creating reports.

Very helpful...thank you again!

No matter what the BOBJ salesperson tells you - in our experience, it is about a MAX of 10% of trained end-users are competent enough to generate their own WebI reports - even against a well-developed Universe.

If you are not in the data and the formatting tools (WebI / Crystal) every-day, you can't be expected to produce an accurate, well-designed report for public-consumption.

Most people want X numbers (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly) - so they run pre-defined WebI / Crystal content, rather than starting from a "BLANK page".

Take a look at the comments and links in the attached thread for more details...

MJRBIM,

Thank you for your response and the link. The link was very helpful as to what people are using.

This is just what I thought, that the deeper I get in, I see it's not going to be as easy as it was expected.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back