Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD hidden attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLScholar

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
GB
Hi all,

Is there a list anywhere that shows all User attributes of AD and if they are visable to

A) End user directory view
B) ADUC

Basically i need a field to store someones mifare number. I am already using employeeid - but i need a field similar so that both End users and ADUC cant see this field.

TIA

Dan

----------------------------------------
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra

Adsiedit.msc is the easiest tool that I know of that shows all attributes of AD objects.

See this page from MS:

Be careful when editing objects in this manner, as many of these attributes may not seem important. There may be a field here you can use, but I am not sure of that.

Adding a new attribute to an AD object involves making modifications to the Schema, which can be VERY dangerous, so I do not recommend that at all.

Thanks,
Andrew

[medal] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

Sorry - i am probably not being clear.

I know ADSIedit and use it currently. What i am trying to find is a field i can use that fulfils my criteria.

Dan

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back