Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AD-8 Lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

2400tec

Technical User
Jan 14, 2005
US
I have a 2000IVS with a NEW AD-8 VM attached. Problem I have is that the VM starts this error routine randomly and locks up the system. The message is that "I don't have enough memory to run Defrag"???? and then it tries to replace some files and the system won't let it. It worked for about a week then all of a sudden this error comes across and it won't stop. I have tried changing the OS surrender date but it still goes into this routine. Also when I installed it I have an Activation code but it never asked for one...What is the code for? and How would I enter it...just in case this is the problem..

If it's new get it replaced they come with a 12 month replacement warranty from NEC/Active Voice.

It's not new, new...after market(I know...I know). warranty is for DOA only..It lasted for about 2-3 weeks then...BOOM. Problems started...

Can you get out to DOS? If so exit completely out of the voicemail software then go to the DOS directory run defrag from there, along with scan disk. Once it completes restart the voicemail, exit back out to the DOS voicemail screen, go into the maintenance section and run repair database errors, run this twice then shut the board down completely, take it out of the system for 2-3 minutes to allow the memory to clear then reinstall and reboot. As for the activation code, normally you get an activation code if you are adding something other than what it shipped with by default i.e. adding 4 ports to an 8 port system... if this was a refurb board it may have had an old code in it and that is why you did not need it. If you want to add the code shut the voicemail down go out to dos and type activate and press enter, but if all is working ok I would just hang on to the license until it was needed.

Well, I tried it and followed the script and 15 mins later it hung up again.....Anything other ideas????

At this point do you have any old AD-8 mails laying around??? If you did a complete scan disk of the hard drive and it did not find any errors, I would start swapping harware, hard drive to another board or memory stick with another from a different board. You could try to restore the system files from the DOS menu and reboot, At this point most times I have found when this starts it usually means time to replace...Sorry :(

Did you default this mail when you got it? If not then there are probably several messages/boxes that need to be cleared.

Try another default prior to replacing.

Mextera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back