Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AcuOdbc limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlazlo

MIS
Oct 3, 2001
US
I am using acuodbc 5.1 driver. I need to retrieve data ('Select') from a table and build a calculated column based on a certain criteria. In PL/SQL & T-Sql this can be done using a 'Case' Function

Ex.
Select output = case flag
when 'd' then col1 + col2
when 'h' then col1 - col2

Now there are other creative ways to perform this w/o using case, by having a 'select' statement in the 'From' clause. But this doesn't seem to work either.
Is there a way to accomplish this with a subquery or anything else using this driver?
Pretty weak driver!
Thanks.

I don't know how many problems does have mlazlo, but what I I have some problems with AcuODBC:

- the firts one: I can't find anywhere a new version for testing.

- Works very slowly ( the very simple query with a date range ...SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE InvDate BETWEEN {ts '2003-01-01'} AND {ts '2003-10-31'} it takes hours and hours and some times crashes)

- In SQL SERVER 2000 I can't import data directly from a table in Acufile through ODBC...

I really don't see why anyone would bother using ACU ODBC any more. Strarting with v5.2.1, AcuCorp started providing some pretty good support for ActiveX controls, which means you can now use MDAC. ACU v6 is even more stable, but still has some issues to resolve.

If I were you, I would drop ACU ODBC altogether (which will also save you the license fees), and start using MDAC.

The same applies to ACU SQL, btw.

.DaviD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back