Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actuate 7 Export to Excel limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rouben20

Programmer
Jul 23, 2004
US
I'm using v7 for the first time and testing the export to excel functionality. It doesn't seem to export any data contained on the Page style sheet. Does anyone know if there is a way to include this data in the excel export?

Hi Ruben,

When you download the report, there are 2 formats supported for Excel:
1) Excel Data
2) Excel Display

If you select Excel Display, then it will retain the display as you see on the report, including the styles you have applied to the report.

Sree

Thanks for the response Sree.

That's what I expected to happen as well, however Excel Display/Export Report isn't exporting the header information included in the page style?? If I export to an RTF or PDF, everything exports as expected.

Hmmm...

Excel Display does display the data as you see it in the report. I see no difference between Excel Display and the pdf or rtf versions. I have opened the report in each of the options provided.

In the case of Excel Data, images (and a few other things) will not be displayed, but the data will be, though some of the formatting will be gone.

Sree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back