Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Actual average throughput

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisac

MIS
Jan 2, 2002
CA
Hi,

Please dont laugh when you read this. i was told by the CA techs that in order to derive the actual throughput rate for my backup jobs, I was to add 200 to the throughput rate reported in the log file.

Anybody agree?

HAHAHHAHA.. sorry... that is funny that they told you that, I think they are full of it sometimes.

That is hard to believe- Since it's their software, you'ld think if there was a bug that under reported throughput they'ld immediately issue a patch (I would!) - This is probably more akin to a car dealer telling you that you needed to "add 20 mpg to what that gov'ment sticker says, to get the 'true' reading..."

Sounds a little crazy to me.

Mind you if the throughout time includes the pre-backup calculations and the database update at the end then the throughput figures would be a fair bit under the true rate.

We have one server that does about 25 sessions on it's backup (multiple servers and multiple logical drives) - it takes it about 1.5 hours to update the ARCserve database and about 8 hours for the actual job to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back