Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott2S

Technical User
Oct 27, 2000
US
OK - I converted and enhanced a rather large Access95 front end application to Access 97. It runs great on my machine but when I copy it to another machine, some tabstrip activeX controls don't operate.

Two out of three of the forms that I use the tabstrip control don't work, but the third does. If they all failed, then I can blame a file version or not having it registered, but just one not working???

Both machines have MDAC 2.5 and jet3 service packs. Access has SR-2. The only difference is that my machine has Visual Studio 6 enterprise edition installed, so it has a few more goodies included, but I used the standard tab control from the Access toolbox.

Any ideas?

maybe it was updated by vs6, did you try to copy your ocx to the other machine ?

don't forget to backup the ocx before it is overwritten
and register it with regsvr32.exe

Well, it looks like my references may be incorrect but that doesn't explain why it works on my computer.

I didn't know that you have to run a regsvr32.exe if you upgrade a file version. Is that true or do you only have to run regsvr32.exe when the file is new to that computer?

When the class-id from the old and new component differ you need to register, ODE tools automatically register all installed components but when files are copied manually i would always run regsvr32. It cannot harm running it twice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back