Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

khshankar

Programmer
May 13, 2003
US
I am using Crystal Analysis 8.5.

I have set the viewer type to ActiveX in Crystal Enterprise. When viewing the Crystal Report objects it opens in ActiveX viewer where as Crystal Analysis objects opens in DHTML viewer.

In Businessobjects knowledge base they given a solution.
I tried this wven then it is not working, it is not taking the ActiveX viewer.

DHTML viewer for CA reports doesn't look good. I there any other way to view in ActiveX viewer.

Thanks,
Shankar

It works from the Eportfolio.

Thanks,
Shankar

The settings for using the Crystal Reports ActiveX viewer and the Crystal Analysis ActiveX viewer are separate. You need to make sure that both are set. I have a nasty recollection that you need to ensure that Crystal Analysis is installed last on the server to get the options but I'm not sure of that.

There is a change that can be made to ePortfolio to make sure the options are present but unfortunately I don't have the change any more.

Oliver

The activeX viewer for Crystal Analysis requires you to change one of the web pages in Crystal Enterprise so the option becomes available. The directions are in the release notes for CA when you install the CA web components.
The big problem with the Crystal Analysis ActiveX viewer is that the user has to be in the same domain as the analysis services server.
Authentication for the ActiveX viewer travels fromt he user machine directly to the Analysis Services Server. If you can't anthenticate into the server directly from your machine then it won't work. You can't do it thru the web, it must be in you intranet.

If you are prepared to connect to Analysis Services via HTTP then you don't have to have the ActiveX viewer in the same domain, in fact it can be anywhere on the web. You can also force the user to reenter their authentication details each time. However it does mean that you need to expose your OLAP server to other domains through whatever firewalls are in the way.

See the Analysis Services documentation as to how to set up the server to allow HTTP connections.

Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back