Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX viewer Hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleco

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I am using the Crystal Reports ActiveX viewer in my VB project. I am trying to view a report and the ActiveX viewer keeps hanging and showing as Not Responding in the Task Manager. I have left the report running all day and it still does not display. If i run the report in Crystal Reports the report works fine even though it does take 30 mins or so to run.

I should mention also that this only happens on a machine without Crystal Reports Installed (the reason to use the viewer). If crystal reports is installed on the machine then the viewer seems to run the report fine.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Deleco

Did you create an installation package and install all the required Crystal dlls to run the report?

If not you should. You can take a look at the 'runtime.hlp' file distributed with Crystal. It will list all the dlls that need to be distributed.

My file is located in C:\Program Files\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\Developer Files\Help

zemp

Hello.
I know that this is an obvious question, but what browser are you using?
Web based Crystal Reports DO NOT like Netscape at all. It has something to do with the HTML that is returned for the CrystalReportViewer (a <script> tag misplaced I believe).
Mozilla is ok, but can be quirky. IE seems to be the most user friendly.
Luck.

I am not using a browser, i have the ActiveX control built into a VB application..

Deleco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back