Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Unsafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neads1

Technical User
Dec 19, 2001
GB
I did a search for my problem, and found a few threads. But I don't understand how to solve the problem. I'm running Windows Millenium and everytime I open a new window I get the following message: "An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction". PLEASE, how can I get rid of it. I read in one thread that I could assign an electronic signature, but honestly I haven't got a clue. Please someone help me.
Many thanks.
Neads1

I too have this problem - everyone I send messages to says they have an ActiveX warning pop up each time they receive a message from me. Did you learn how to switch it off?

Anne-marie

i also have this problem.it started after i upgraded my internet explorer to 5.5
the wont go away.
So if you have found a solution by now ,please let me know.
THANX
MAIL ME ON :
SWEET_ARIES99@HOTMAIL.COM

You need to flag the control as safe for scripting and safe for interaction. It's a bit involved but have a look at Microsoft's website for the code you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back