Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Newbie - Basic activeX Setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbaneRove

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
CA
Hello there,

I have been writing VBA for 3years and vb for 1. I am starting to write reusable class modules and I would like to set them up into ActiveX dll so that I can load the functionallity with out loading the actual code.

My Problem:

I have a Encryption class module, I know there is a lot out there but I like to use mine, of which accepts a string and will return the encrypted string. It also use a Byref to jsut change the string to an encrypted string. When I take the VB6 code and try to encapsilate it into a activeX DLL I get errors using it.

I load the reference fine. The development environment find the dll and it's public events, functions and variables. But when I try and call them I get a "430" error (Class does not support Automation). What am I missing?

Thank you for any help.

Urbane Rove

SemperFiDownUnda

No there is no sub classes. The whole bit is in the Class Modules.

What the error generally means is that things are out of sync in the registry. You can recompile you DLL with no compatibility. Open your rxe project up, uncheck the, hopefully, missing reference to your dll. Save and close your project. Open the EXE project agian and set the reference back up.

SemperFiDownUnda

Thanks for your time I got it working.

UrbaneRove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back