Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Grid Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessAddict

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
GB
Hi

Does anyone know of a grid control (ActiveX) that can be used on a form that will enable drag and drop between cells and update the underlying data?

Basically it is to implement in a small guest house booking system (developed in A2002). The x-axis of the grid will be dates (which will need to be selected on a year/month basis, a bit like selecting the year and month in a calendar control and seeing the list of days/dates), and the y-axis will be a list of room numbers. The cells in the grid will (hopefully) show the block of dates booked and the family name of the booking. The user should be able to highlight a booked block and drag it to a different date/room combination which would update the underlying data (either a table or a query)

I've attached a screen grab of a very quick .xls mock up if it explains what I'm looking for any better.

A Google search for a grid control to do what I want brings up hundreds of results, but none of them seem to fit the bill.

I've seen it done successfully in an Access app., but couldn't find out what the control was.

I believe that in Access 97 there was a Grid32.ocx which did exactly what I want, but that it's no longer shipped or supported in A2000 and above.

Any suggestions very much appreciated

Cheers

Alan

Hi

Sorry, I can't find how to attach a file..........

Alan

BUMP ~

Hello,

Doesn't anyone have a solution for Alan? (I'd sure like to have this functionality myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back