Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX date/time picker prob .... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinymind

Programmer
Nov 9, 2000
GB
Has anyone come across a problem where an ActiveX control does not work on certain machines that have Access97 installed on them ...

I have the ActiveX control on a form and 2 users out of 9 cant use the form as their version of Access cannot comprehend the ActiveX control...

Is there a solution even though Access on both machines has been reinstalled fully with the additional fixes and bugs pack added ....

Regards,

Tiny

I had a similar problem, it was because not all of the machines had the same level of Office install, so certain OCX / DLL's were not installed.
To avoid continually adding components to various machines we have done a full Office install on all machines and the problem went away.

the date/time picker control uses the mscomct2.ocx file. download it from m$ or i can send it to you. then go to tools, activeX controls and register that file. you're DTpickers will work then.

thanks for being most helpful... stars for both ...

Tiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back