Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Control Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoule

Technical User
Jun 3, 2003
I have an associate that is running WINXP Pro SP2. They are accessing a web site that requires an activex control to be loaded in order to export from the web site. I am running WIN Vista Ultimate with IE 7.0. They are also using IE 7.0. When I go to the site I can install the activex control andf I can export from the site. When I log in to the site from her workstation I can enable the control but it does not allow to export. Any suggestions? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the control and turned the firewall off. I have also uninstalled all secondary toolabars as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

jsoule

Have you set her internet security settings to the lowest to verfiy that all ActiveX controls will be downloaded or prompted for?

Jake Chaffee
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who can read binary and those who can't."

I have done that. I have also added the web site to the trusted sites tab as well. I even had the web site's tech support look at it. They were stumped also. The browser has the activex in the add-on's but even after I enable it and restart IE it still does not work as it should.

What are the permissions of her account? Is she administrator? does this just happen with her account and the others work fine?

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

She has been an admin. This still did not work. I even have rebuilt her profile.This activeX worked on my pc. It was like the activeX didn't want to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back