Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Control for Rich Text Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahooper

Programmer
Jan 20, 2003
US
I use Access 2000 (ADP) as a front end to a SQL Server 2000 database. I read about the FMS Total Access Memo product for adding rich text formatting to memo fields (or text fields in my case), and I immediately got excited about being able to offer this functionality to my users. I purchased the product and have been working with it for several months now. There are some quirks in sizing the ActiveX report controls, but code workarounds are available...

PROBLEM: If the data in the ActiveX control exceeds the 22-inch height limitation for a report section, the control overflows instead of displaying all of the data. For my particular application, this problem renders the control useless. If the data is displayed in a regular text control, ALL of the data is displayed, without regard to the 22-inch limitation. FMS has declared this to be a problem with the way Access handles ActiveX controls on reports. Anyone have any experience with this issue? Workarounds? Corrected with Access 2002? Other methods of implementing rich text formatting in a memo/text field?

Thanks...

I never found a resolution or a workaround, so the problem still exists. I still use the control, and it works very well, but only for fields that I know (or hope) won't exceed the height limitation. I still consider this a major limitation of the control...

What have been your experiences?

jahooper

I just bought the one for Access 2003 but am using it in 2002, and haven't had to address this problem yet.

I was hoping you'd found a work around and could share other info with me about this control, as I'm so new to it.

Took me a good chunk of the day to settle on coding to move other controls after the TAM's resize!

Wish I had good news for you.

Tru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back