Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX component can't create object

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsys

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hi,

I get the following on one of my asp pages. The page is on an IIS 4.0 machine (NT4 server with the latest service pack).

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object

/ima/global.asa, line 7

When this happens, I get the following NT event log message:(i have changed the progID name)

Failed on creation from object context: CoCreateInstance (ProgId: abc.abcProvider) (CLSID: {33C6CB25-CB7A-11D5-AE8F-0002B320AA99}) (Microsoft Transaction Server Internals Information: File: i:\viper\src\runtime\context\ccontext.cpp, Line: 1347)

I am not a programmer, just a system admin guy trying to solve this problem. The very same asp page works fine at a different location (office), but not here!.I did some research on this problem and have already done the following to try and solve this problem. But nothing seems to help.

1. I confirmed that the DLL was correctly registered, the correct path etc.(following microsoft knowledgebase article 194801)
2. I confirmed that 'NTFS permissions' are not the problem here, because 'everyone' has 'full control'.
3. I even went ahead and installed MDAC 2.8 on this machine.
4. and the line in global.asa is indeed 'Server.CreateObject' as opposed to just 'CreateObject'

what else do I need to check?. I can really use all the help I can get here. So all your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!.

thanks a lot, folks.

yes, the IUSR account has permissions to the concerned DLL.
Infact, 'everyone' has 'full control'.
I also checked the dependent DLLs and the permissions are fine for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back