Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX Calendar Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

siebel2002

Programmer
Oct 8, 2001
US
I need to use Microsoft Date Time Picker control in my access app. How come I cant see it in the (expanded)tool box? Any help will be appreciated. Thx!!

siebel2002 (Programmer)

Just checking that you have the ocx registered within the applicaion development environment. It may not be.

In the design view of the form

Tools - ActiveX Controls

Microsoft Date Time picker .....

if you need to register it again

it should be located in the sub dir :
C:\windows\system32\mscomct2.ocx

Or look for it by name

Hope it helps.

UrbaneRove

yes, mscomct2.ocx is in C:\windows\system directory, but I dont see it as an item when I click on the More Controls icon in the access form design view. I am still puzzled.
Should the dll be mscomctl2.ocx?

Thanks!

If I understand you right the control does not show up in the More Controls Icon on the Toolbox.

If the file does exist as you have said you may have to re-register it.

In the design view of the form

Tools - ActiveX Controls

Click the 'Register' button and navigate to the
Systen32 folder and select the mscomctl2.ocx This should bring the Microsoft Date Time picker into your More Controls area.

UrbaneRove

Hi Urbane!

Thanks for your feedback. I will give it a try.

Hi ...

When i clicked on Tools - ActiveX Controls, the list of available ActiveX controls does NOT show the Microsoft Date And Time Picker Control.

I am stumped for the moment!!!

Any ideas? thx.

I once had some similar problems. I ended up using the "Repair Office Installation" option in Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs. Then I reinstalled the Office service packs. The problems went away.

Worked for me, might not for you!

Good Luck,

Dennis

This should get you started:

Click the link on that page: "Scan my computer to find Office updates I need." Be sure and read the instructions carefully as you go along.

After the updates and reboots, check to be sure the ActiveX control you need is registered.

Also, I think you might want to check the references to Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library, in the Visual Basic Editor. I'm not sure if this is necessary, perhaps someone else will know?

Dennis

To siebel2002:
I have an excellent example of calendar control wich is not an activeX and works even better than ActiveX control, for example: If you format your date control as short date, with activeX CC, if you want to enter date yourself you'll need to use Tab button on keyboard to switch between day/month/year (the cursor will move only with tab between), with this control I have, you can enter date the same as before and use DblClick to invoke calendar dialog and choose date. If you want example send me mail to alf@net.hr It is only one module and on any date control on your forms, simply add one line of code.

Thanks guys! I still cant seem to get the axtivex calendar control..

Hi there, I had the same issue that you had, but did not have the file in the system32 folder. I downloaded the file from here: then after unzipping placed it in the windows/system32 folder, then under Tools> ActiveX> Register I pointed it to the mscomct2.ocx file and then I had the Date Time Picker added to my list of controls.
Hope this helps.
BTW...I do not have any Service Packs added so that is not the issue.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back