Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX bug - All blink in white

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorF

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
FR
I'm using a specific ActiveX (not distributed).
And when I insert this ActiveX into a form, all blink in white.
Not only the Form, not only Access window, but all screen with others applications, desktop, task bar,... blink in white

When I hide the Activex (by placing the properties displog box on the ActiveX for example), the blink stops and all seems normal.
When I show again the ActiveX, the blink restarts.

The blinks appearts only in form design mode, and it works good in normal view.
But if i resize ActiveX in design mode, its size is reseted to initial size when I display the normal form mode.

This is curious because this ActiveX works in many and many
others applications without any problems. The bug appears just in Access.

Is anyone has already experimented the same problems ?
How resolve the blink problem ?
Isn't it possible to resolve problem due to Access ?
Others infos ??

Thanks.

I'm not all that familar with ActiveX controls, but I seem to remember that not all are created equal. Some might not be compatible with Access, and yours might be one of them.

Where did the control come from? Is it touted as being Access-compatible?

If so, try this. Sometimes Access gets corrupt in funny, hard to duplicate, ways. Try creating a new mdb and put just that control on a new form. If it works OK, then you've got a corrupt mbd, most likely. If this is the case, you can try the /decompile switch -- after backing up the mdb -- or you can import all the objects into a fresh, empty mdb. Peleg
PelegNOSPAM@PStrauss.net

The ActiveX is a sound player created by a colleague. It works into a lot of applications (MFC, VB, Excel) without any problems.
The malfuction appears only in Access.

I put the ActiveX on a new form in a new mdb, with same blink result.

Is someone has another idea(s) ?
What is special when forms are in design mode ?
What are the consequences for controls when a form is displayed in design mode ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back