Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveX and HTML form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,
I am trying to trigger a HTML form from an activeX control. So, clicking a button in activeX control should trigger a HTML form.
Can I do this? If yes, can anyone give me an example??

Please send your responses to
susmitha.vuyyuru@portalwave.com

thanks,
vuy

Hi vuy

I'm not sure if an example is easily available; usually the user initiates an ActiveX object, such as a DLL, from a Browser, such as Internet Explorer, using an HTML form.

There are many ActiveX controls, such as command buttons, input boxes, and file list boxes. Which ActiveX control are you using? If you are using a command button called Command1, you can use Visual Basic and open the HTML form in the following code:

Private Sub Command1_Click()
'Open the HTML form using the appropriate code
End Sub

Finally, Active Server Pages(ASP's) are designed for placing code, such as Visual Basic script, in an HTML form to initiate action. Perhaps what you want to use are ASP's.

I think you might be able to use a bit of componentware called IP*Works! to do this.

I have not used it but am looking into a similar need and this seems to be the best I've come up with to date.

You can find details on the componentsource site at
NB I cannot recommend the product as I have not used it, and I have no commercial links with ComponentSource or the people who make IP*Works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back