Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveState Perl problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

schase

Technical User
Sep 7, 2001
US
Just installed it, it seems to be mapped okay, but I think I have permissions set wrong for a website.

I get this when I try to get helloworld.pl

HTTP 403.1 Forbidden: Execute Access Forbidden
Internet Information Services

then I set under cgi-bin properties - execute Permissions to Scripts and Executables - which gave me

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

- although the rest of the website comes up fine.

any ideas?

Open MMC (usually Start>Programs>Windows NT 4.0 Option Pack>Microsoft Internet Information Server>Internet Service Manager)
Expand the Internet Information Server tree, then expand the tree for the webserver where OpenSRS will be installed
Right click the target web and select Properties
Click on the Home Directory tab
Under Application Settings, click the Configuration button. A new dialog is displayed with Application Mappings
OPTIONAL (but highly recommended): You may want to REMOVE any mappings that you won't use. In particular, take out the .printer mapping and the .ida and .idq mappings unless you have some special need for them. For security reasons you should strip the mappings down to nothing but the absolute requirements. DON'T leave any in there "just in case". If you need it later, put it in later
Click Add
For executable, enter: C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe "%s" "%s" (you may need to adjust the path to perl.exe if you installed elsewhere)
For extension, enter: .cgi
For Method Exclusion, enter: PUT,DELETE (NOTE: If you're running IIS 5.0 under Windows 2000, this is a bit different. The prompt is "Limit To", and the appropriate entry is "GET,HEAD,POST". Special thanks to Giuseppe Simone Aielli for this tidbit, and to Scott McKee for helping to ferret out the requirement to use both GET and POST.)
UNCHECK Script Engine
CHECK Check that file exists
Click OK until all dialogs are closed

I had all correct - except script engine was checked under the .pl which explained why I couldnt launch helloworld or example.pl

but once I unchecked it came up.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back