Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Activestate library

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr8rdt

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2006
US
I am using active state 5.10 on linux and the server doesn't have internet access. I can't use ppm to install/add modules.

how can I install CPAN module then? I tried using perl Makefile.PL, make , make install etc but I got whole bunch of errors

how to add modules in @INC?

What sort of errors did you get?

You should be able to download the modules, copy them to the server, extract them and "make" them without much hassle.

I've installed stuff manually before when CPAN had trouble.

I don't know about activestate on linux, but on windows it's darn near impossible to compile your own modules. You have to jump through a ton of hoops. If I was using linux I would just use the normal perl distro and not activestates.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

If you don't have internet access, how can you install CPAN modules anway?

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

I assume he has internet access and access to the server. Just the server doesn't have internet access.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back