Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActivePerl browser interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aarem

Programmer
Oct 11, 2004
US
Hi. I just installed ActivePerl and I was wondering if there's a way to access the perl files through a browser like IE instead of MS-DOS. Please respond ASAP.

Your perl scripts will have to configured to run in the Browser, as in your webserver will need to be configured to allow cgi scripting

--Paul

cigless ...

You mean execute the scripts you make? , or , editing the scripts?

Aarem, have a look at faq219-3559, which will explain how to set up IIS to access your scripts. You'll need to use the CGI module to get best use out of the CGI interface.

Or as others have said you could always use Apache, which although a bit dauting to begin with, offers a lot more flexibility. It also writes error logs when things go wrong, which IIS doesn't. If you decide to go with Apache, I do recommend reading Apache: The Definitive Guide. It helped me to get started with it :)

Barbie
Leader of Birmingham Perl Mongers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back