Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ActiveForms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurcBoyar

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
TR
I have a problem with ActiveForms of Delphi 6 Enterprise Edition. When I web deploy the form everythings seems to be working. But after I make changes on the program and deploy it again, nothing changes in the web page. Can someone tell me what the problem is?

I've seen a similar issue in my (albeit brief) time with ActiveForms in Delphi 5.
In order to resolve this I needed to check the 'Include File Version number' box in the 'Project' Tab of the 'Web Deployment Options' off the 'Project' option on the menu.
When the HTML page is generated through the 'Web Deploy' option the version of the ActiveForm is embedded into the page. If the new version number is not being utilised then it will remember the last version used - hence you will not see the changes made against the form.
Hope this helps.
Steve

StevenK:
Well, it seems that it worked out. But here comes another problem. When I wanted to view my new page, it wants to restart my computer. Very interesting isn't it? I think that's because that the OCX file is still in memory. Have any suggestions?

Hehe, sorry it was my fault. When I closed all the internet explorer windows the problem is solved. Steven, thank you for your help.

I'll be honest - I sometimes too get that message about wanting to 'Restart the computer' - I always click 'No' bypassing it.
Not sure why it sometimes is preseneted and isn't on other occasions.
Would anyone have a suggested reason for this ?
Is it to do with the size of the ActiveForm within the HTML page ?
Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back