Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active-X viewer - unicows.dll error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryPotter1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
Hi,

I received instructions from the Crystal help support to use the regsvr32 command to register all dll's found in the ActiveXViewer cabinet file located on the server in the following folder:
Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\crystalreportviewers\ActiveXViewer

The unicows.dll gives and error message that says:
"...unicows.dll was loaded, but the the DLLregister Server entry point was not found. DllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of unicows.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."

I saw that this dll support unicode. I don't believe we are using unicode or need to support it. Anybody else have to resolve this issue?

It's Ok, you can ignore that message - unicows.dll can't be (and doesn't need to be) registered with regsvr32. You may get that message for other DLLs in that folder but they can all be safely ignored - Crystal tech support probably just told you to register all of the DLLs because it was easier than giving you a list.

Does it need to be placed on the client when pushing the other dlls through SMS?

It should only be required on Win 95, 98 or ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back