Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active X viewer for Crystal 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayshah

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
US
Hi

We are using crystal reprots 8.5. We have installed npviewer (Active X viewer for Crystal 8.5) to view and print report on client's computer through web access. Life is easy as npviewer is an exe file which can be distributed and user just needs to execute to install.

We are now upgrading to Crystal reports 10 with enterprise embedded. As per business object document, ActiveXViewer.cab for version 10 gets installed when user accesses the website for the first time. However, this is not happening.

So as per the same document we installed manually by extracting and registering dlls from ActiveXViewer.cab. It does work.

However, it is pain to do the same on our 200 consultants computer.

I have the following questions.

What do I need to do to isntall software easily? Am I missing something.

Is there any installable activeX software available to view and print Crsytal 10 reports on web ?

Thanks in advance.

Ajay

Try sending the instructions to everyone in an email and the cab file. The main problem, registry is not cleaned well by crystal.

Users usually have to be administrators on their pcs to download the crystal actx viewer.

Thanks for the info guys.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I will try and let you know.

Ajay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back