Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active X Viewer & Multiple Value Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

justatad

Programmer
Sep 20, 2001
US
I am trying to set up a report that will be used with Crystal's Web Viewer (Active X).

In this report I would like to select multiple values per perameter (pop-up window in the viewer).

Is there a way to add multiple values (either in the creation of the report, or the end-user entering in a character that crystal recognizes means multiple values)?

[example: value1&value2&value3 - this would filter based on these three values]

Thank you my fellow reporters!

I you are using ASP, add the following method after you open the report object and set its .Name property:
Code:
Session("oRpt").RecordSelectionFormula = "{Table1.Field1}='Smith'"

Actually, for multiple values, it should be like this:
Code:
Session("oRpt").RecordSelectionFormula = "{Table1.Field1} in ['Smith', 'Jones', 'Rogers']"

A good tip to see the selection formula is to go into CR and choose the Select Expert, then click on Show Formula, and you will see the correct syntax you need to pass in.

Thank you.

---
Here is a look at the Crystal formula (without parameters):

{x.abc} in ["0", "1", "2", "3"]

Here is the way it would look if I just wanted to enter based on 4 parameters:

{x.abc} in [{?parameter1}, {?parameter1}, {?parameter3}, {?parameter4}]

---

However, I don't think that this solves my problem altogether even with the asp. I would like (when prompted) the user to type in "0", "1", "2", "3" (to infinity) instead of writing seperate reports (with parameter variations).

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back