Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active X Error With Netfinity Director

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyabroff

MIS
Nov 27, 2002
US
I am loading Netfinity Director 3.1.1 on a NT 4 Enterprise server with Service Pack 6a. I get the following message:

Run-time error 429: ActiveX component can't create object

I have cleaned the registy to get rid of all server raid and director entries in the registry. I have installed Internet Explorer 5.5.

I would also like to mention that I have about 40 other servers that worked fine. 10 of those 40 servers have the same configuration as the one I am having problems with.

Thanks

What version of MDAC are you running? Director requires MSVCRT.DLL version 6.0 or higher.

I should mention that is the servers I am having problems with is going to be a Director Agent.

I checked the MDAC version that I was running, which was suggested by catorze. It is version 6.00.3xx.xx. If this means anything we are using MDAC 2.5 sp2. I reinstalled the MDAC software just to make sure the original install was correct. I then uninstalled and reinstalled Director and I still get the same problem

Any suggestion would be helpful...

Thank You,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back