Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active task flow 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bop2018

Technical User
Dec 20, 2017
JO
Hello ..

Is it possible to edit active and default task flow without affect the call centre if it's running.

Thanks

Yes, your changes will only come into effect when you "activate" a TF set.

Hello ...

But I can't open when it active. I need to edit and change without affect the call centre running

Thanks

You can't edit the default TFS, the active one can be changed whenever you want.

Keep in mind that your active and default TFs need to either be the same or identical TFs, as when the IPOCC restarts if loads the default TF not the active TF.

@sheldoom: Based on the docs that's correct, in reality you're wrong though.
You do not necessarily need a default TFS in order for the system to "survive" a reboot contrary to what the documentation is saying.

If no default TFS is set the vectors process will try to re-activate the previously active TFS which can be seen in the logs quite nicely (take special note of the TFS IDs):
VEC_General
Activating Default-Vectoring with Id=0x0000000000000000 ... LastActive-Vectoring Id=0000000011011000​
VEC_General
No Default-Vectoring set. Try to use LastActive-Vectoring with Id=0x0000000011011000 ...​
VEC_General
VecTimer::setHolidayAddress: Setting Address=0xd008318​
VEC_General
iVManager::activateGroup called for VectoringGroup 0x0000000011011000​
TC_General
007.000.1300 SUCCESS: Kernel successfully connected.​
TC_General
007.000.2100 MESSAGE: Taskflow group activation started...​
TC_General
(AbsOrbNaming::rebind) success - rebound: /DefaultSystemName.System/vectors.Server/VManager.Object​
TC_General
007.000.1002 SUCCESS: Successfully registered at ORB naming service.​
VEC_General
Initialized VManager.​
VEC_General
---- Startup finished. Vectors is now up. ----​
TC_General
007.000.2000 SUCCESS: Startup finished. Process is now up.​
VEC_General
iVManager::activateGroup: VectoringGroup 0x0000000011011000, name='XXXXXXX' activated​
TC_General
007.000.2101 MESSAGE: Taskflow group activation successful.​

EDIT: Small formatting changes

Alfalis,

Good to know. Thank you!!

That is what I was taught in IPOCC class.

I can't believe Avaya documentation would not be accurate!! LOL

But would you say it is a best practice to keep the default TF as the active TF?

I usually have a default TF.
When I make changes I activate the new TF and when the customer tested it for a while I set it as default.

Also I've started that name all my TFs with dates when they were created so you know which is the newest =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I used to set a default TFS as well (just as you I was taught to do so..) until I realized - by accident - that it's not necessary.
Since you can't edit the default TFS I switched to not setting a default TFS at all. Creating a copy, changing that and then setting the copy as the new default is way too much hassle for my taste xD

Surely best practice would be to continue using a default TFS since that one can't be easily or by accident changed/deleted by someone.
But if you have competent coworkers and tell your customers "Don't you f**king dare and delete that callflow ;D" going without a default TFS should be fine and I never ran into any issues doing so.

Hi Guys,

So how do you switch to not using a default TFS?? I always had to create a copy of the default, modify it, close it, make it again as default , delete the old default TFS.. which indeed gives me headaches..

@vladcbv: There should be a "reset" checkbox in the window where you set the default TFS if I remember correctly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back