Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Active job not starting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryRumson

Technical User
Jan 23, 2002
US
I'm having a problem with an active job not stopping. This started when we did our full back up last night and I found out it took more than 2 tapes. A pop up asked to insert another blank media, which I did. Then it couldn't find the media so I hit cancel and stopped the origonal job. Now in the job list I have my origonal daily back-up and now an additional "active" job which seems to be the continuation of the full back up which I can not stop. I have stopped and restarted all engines and I have even killed asrunjob.exe from the task manager. Nothing seems to work. Any suggestoins??

Stop the services, browse to the arcserve folder, and then either delete the whole 00000001.qsd folder(it will be recreated upon restarting the services but you will need to recreate all jobs including db pruning) or delete the problematic job id file from within the folder. This should resolve your problem.

Thanks that worked did it 2 minutes! Drove me nuts for hours.

Get used to this one, you will see it often. You would think that stopping the job would have some effect, other than locking up. Stopping and restarting the services makes no difference. Soon you will have the backup jobs committed to your memory, it will be much easier to rebuild them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back